Osceola Summer Food Program
The Summer Food Program is an outreach project for our adopted school; Osceola Elementary. During the school year, children in financial need (approximate 80 students) receive weekend snacks from a backpack program called, "Blessings in a Bag." We partner with Osceola Elementary to continue this program though out the summer. We prepare bags weekly ready for pickup here at the church, in reusable shopping bags, that contains a week's worth of small snacks and a few supplemental meal items.
If you would like to be a part of this great outreach for our city, please see these four ways below that you can get involved.
- Commit to helping weekly in the filling and organization of the food bags Tuesdays 10am-2pm
- Commit to helping weekly in the distribution of the bags on Wednesdays 12pm-3pm
- Commit to bring food items
Commit and sow financially ($25.00 takes care of one family's bag for one week)
Please register for one or more of the categories of commitment. Note that there are multiple food items needed with quantities listed. You can commit to bringing one or more and can register to bring any of these items or commit to sow throughout the summer. You will need to register for each item individually.
Thank you for your commitment to serve the King and your community!
- $0 – Food Donations
- $0 – Bag Organization 3 remaining
- $0 – Financial Giving
- $0 – Bag Distribution 4 remaining
- $25 = 1 Family's Bag Per Week: $5 - $25
- Powdered Milk (Shelf Stable): $0
- Spagetti Sauce (Can or Jar): $0
- Macaroni and Cheese : $0
- Oatmeal or Grits ( individual box or canisters) : $0
- Canned Chicken or Tuna : $0
- Boxed Pasta (any type) : $0
- Fruit Cups (Packs of 4-6 individual cups) : $0
- Fruit Snacks (boxes of individual packs): $0
- Granola/Fruit bars : $0
- Pudding Snack Cups (individual 4-12 packs): $0
- Crackers (Packets or box) : $0
- Cookies (Package or Individual) : $0
- Peanut Butter (Jars 8- 28 oz): $0
- Jam/Jelly : $0
- Bread (One Loaf) : $0
- Boxed Cereal : $0